Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Style

Leah Feldon-Mitchell defines style as "the intersection of what you wear with who you are". An important concept, according to Linda Ellerbee is that "Styles, like everything else, change. Style doesn't."To me this is an important consideration in a simple abundance path.  It can seem overwhelming to keep up with styles. Takes time, energy and money. This is an area that I think I have achieved a sense of style. I don't care if skinny jeans are all the rage or blousy tops that look great on women without a chest. It doesn't like right on me. So I try to find the colors or silhouettes that match the season while staying true to my body type. That said, I refuse to wear leggings! I believe there was a time in the late 80's and early 90's where the only pants I owned were a form of leggings. I'm over it. Perhaps if the long sweaters and blousy shirts that look so great with the leggings looked good on me I would change my mind.

This reflection made me realize that I am more engaged in my sense of style and clothing than I had thought. Doesn't mean what is in my closet actually reflects all of this knowledge and style, but my comfort with styles that are appropriate and the confidence to not be swayed by the current styles that are not consistent with MY style are a great start. I'm enjoying my last week of corduroys for the school year!

Expressing gratitude today for:
1. a dental hygienist who can relate to my son. Never have anxiety at the dentist office with Carol!
2. Zingerman's chocolate cherry bread french toast for brinner.
3. Access to a variety of fresh fruits and veggies all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep on Singing

I remarked on a friend's Facebook post yesterday that 90% of the time I have no difficulty approaching and living life with joy and grat...