Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have". ~Doris Mortman

Awesome! This was an important part of reflecting on the last few days entries. I was able to not be overwhelmed by the suggestions because I know that they do not reflect who I am. Now it's time to dig into how I express myself to the outside world. I know that my passion for education and literacy is evident to anyone who has a long (ok, not even that long) conversation with me. I've never been a fussy girl; my nails are rarely done, my outfits are not accessorized, my make-up is minimal. But usually the appearance is neat, clean and at least matches. I will be working toward creating a wardrobe that is a reflection of who I am instead of what is on sale. Like me, this will be a work in progress. Goal date: start of next school year. I thought about this today while listening to a radio advertisement for no cover Friday nights at a club for, let's say, happening people more my age. I realized that if were asked by friends to go I would have NOTHING to wear. Sad, but true. So is it practical that I dress for my reality,which doesn't include club nights, or do I have that little something in a closet just in case. We shall see. For as Simone de Beauvoir said "One is not born a woman, one becomes one". I'm still working on becoming.

Grateful today for:
1. New technology that revolutionizes our ability to reach students
2. Dinner made for me when I came  home from a late meeting (thanks, babe)
3. written reminders of the sweetness in my boy (thanks Amy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep on Singing

I remarked on a friend's Facebook post yesterday that 90% of the time I have no difficulty approaching and living life with joy and grat...