Sunday, January 30, 2011

Golden Mirror Meditation

As I read yesterday's journal entry I couldn't help but notice today's title The Golden Mirror Meditation. I eagerly anticipated learning about this meditation as it had peaked my interest when mentioned in an earlier journal. I definately was expecting more than visualizing the dreams that I wish to materialize in a large golden mirror. I like the idea of visualizing the dreams, I just wouldn't do it in a 24-karat gold frame. I don't like gold. To me it would feel like someone else's dream.  Maybe I'm fixating on the image too much. Visualizing myself  radiant with a strong, vibrant aura is doable, so I'm going to leave out the golden mirror and instead look out my window. See that woman and her dreams as they will be lived instead of a looking glass that reminds me of snow white.

I liked what I saw today. I've been spending some time reading about "tiger moms" and realized that I may resemble one in many ways. But an interesting article I read today pointed out the difference between the "helicopter" mom and the "tiger" and advised that parents would do well to all their kids to encounter a few tough teachers in order to be prepared for realities of the competitive world in which they will eventually compete. Bennett has never been forced to practice piano to perfection (missing dinner) but I do believe that he will be better for having worked his way through challenges. I believe this as a teacher and as a parent. Someday my dreams will have moved beyond parenting Bennett into adulthood, but for now I am content with the image.

Expressing Gratitude today for:
1. Quick fix frozen foods that are still healthy
2. Warm slippers
3. Another new oatmeal recipe for early swim mornings

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm....can it be white gold? I just got rid of the brass in my bathroom and don't think I would like gold any better. Okay, I know, 24 karats is pure yellow gold. Maybe it's more about seeing yourself in the best possible light while imagining your dreams. Seeing yourself as someone who can achieve them. I'm just talking off the top of my head, still waiting for the book to come. It should be here this week. Amazon's free shipping takes longer, but I'm not willing to pay shipping when I could get another book for about what it would cost me to ship it.

    ReplyDelete

Keep on Singing

I remarked on a friend's Facebook post yesterday that 90% of the time I have no difficulty approaching and living life with joy and grat...