Wednesday, April 22, 2015

I Got You A Present....

So as I get off the trail after work this evening, I check my phone and see that there is a text from Bennett that reads "I got you a present". "Intrigued" was my reply. I know what he makes, so I'm pretty sure we're not flying back to France.


I had recommended a great little restaurant in downtown Port Huron, Kate's Downtown, and he and a friend went there for lunch today. In addition to their restaurant menu they had fresh baked goods for sale. Bennett and I enjoy fruity, nutty breads for french toast, so he bought a loaf of cranberry walnut bread as a present for me.

Truly a simple thing, a loaf of bread. But the thoughtfulness behind the gift has me so grateful that I have the privilege to be the mother of this amazing young man. And looking forward to breakfast tomorrow.

My wish is that today you are blessed with simple acts of kindness. And if you find yourself lacking, as my friend Lisa always says, you can be that kindness to someone else.

1 comment:

Keep on Singing

I remarked on a friend's Facebook post yesterday that 90% of the time I have no difficulty approaching and living life with joy and grat...