Monday, November 2, 2015

We Become What We Believe


"In today’s meditation, we learn that our beliefs are always in motion, constantly influencing our thoughts, feelings, and behavior. Our unconscious beliefs are always affecting us as well. To use the power of belief to our greatest benefit, we need to become self-aware. In doing so, we attune our beliefs to our deepest spiritual aspirations."

Meditation is not a practice that I do well. Even my stillness often comes in movement, which is why I try to find trail time most every day. So here I am again, learning through meditation and growing my practice. It is a form of self awareness, but not what I assume Deepak meant in the quote above. Just as beliefs are always in motion, so are my thoughts. How do we become self aware? Is part of the awareness an awakening to our "deepest spiritual aspirations" or should we already be aware of this aspirations and align our beliefs in order to manifest? Stilling my mind always means an explosion of questioning thoughts!

My deepest spiritual aspirations have evolved. At one time, the emphasis would have been an influence on the salvation of souls; but as my beliefs have separated from the faith of my childhood I find myself focusing on working on my own growth. Spiritually, I aspire to bring peace with my presence. If I am living in each moment, then spirit may use me. The shift in emphasis for me is instead of doing, or responsibility, it is a matter of being.

So my fellow Meditators, what is your spiritual aspiration? And how do you work to become self-aware?

Thankfulness and gratitude today for the great team I work with. We are afforded many opportunities to practice being in the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep on Singing

I remarked on a friend's Facebook post yesterday that 90% of the time I have no difficulty approaching and living life with joy and grat...